IT Infrastructure Cloud & Network Specialist
The IT Infrastructure Cloud & Network Specialist is responsible for Presence of IT’s on premise and cloud IT network and servers. The role is responsible AWS, Cisco and Linux infrastructure, as well as other general end user support tasks.
Key Accountabilities for this role are to:
- Manage the daily operations for the POIT system server and network landscape.
- Server/network administration, user administration, system monitoring, maintenance, scripting, upgrade, and support of all current IT systems.
- Communicate regularly with executive management and all users of information services and systems.
- Identify and resolve problems related to network infrastructure, hardware components, operating systems and business software.
- Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
- Assist in the development and implementation of IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Assist in day to day IT Management and technical support.
- Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience in IT (3-5 years).
- Linux system administration knowledge
- Cisco CCNA and/or Cisco CCNP/CCNA Security Certified
- Hands-on experience in AWS (VPC, EC2, S3, CloudFormation and IAM)
- DNS, DHCP, Python or other programming/scripting language
- Knowledge of DevOps practices
Additionally, you will need to be able to demonstrate you have:
- A willingness to help others, and share ideas and concepts for problem solving in a small team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong user focus and a genuine desire to assist.
- The ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Experienced in project management and organisational skills, with a focus on analysis and results.
- A “can do” attitude and a strong intent to learn on the job.
- A true customer service focus, with the ability to drive improvement, always focusing on customer satisfaction.
- A proactive and flexible attitude, with the desire to achieve, and ability to work in fast paced and changing environment.
To apply for this role:
- your CV is attached and is accurate and up-to-date
- you include a cover letter demonstrating how you meet the key requrements
- you have the right to work in Australia as no sponsorship will be given for this role
Presence of IT seeks applicants interested in long-term, permanent opportunities. Presence of IT encourages people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from CALD backgrounds and people with disabilities.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Direct applicants only. No agencies please.